Thursday, June 2, 2016

5/30/2016

A. 1&1/4 front squat, 5-5-5; 3:00 rest
+
"Murph"
+
Crossover Symmetry recovery

A. 145-155-165
+
46:58
+
DNS


Wow, what a day!

I'm going to be honest, I did not think I would have to do Murph. I had a feeling it might show up in my programming but then I was like nah, it won't come up. And it did! And I'm glad. 

Front squats were okay, these felt a little rushed because I had to coach/participate in Murph and I knew people would be showing up early to start warming up. I did these in knee sleeves and metcons, no lifters today. I think if I had more time I could have gone slightly heavier. 

Murph went so much better than I anticipated! My time was pretty good (for me), I felt great physically during the whole thing and I was able to breathe well through the entire workout. I took the first mile relatively slow, I think I came in around nine minutes? I didn't want to burn out in the very beginning because I knew how much work I had ahead of me. I broke everything up into 20 rounds of 5 pull ups/10 push ups/15 air squats and I kept moving the whole time. Pull ups were butterfly every round and super fast. I had to break up the push ups early on, those got really tough. I was able to do ten for the first three rounds and then I started doing 6/4 then eventually 5/3/2. Squats weren't bad at all. I was really just happy with how I was able to breathe through the whole thing. I never really stopped moving except to chalk my hands every five rounds. All that Z2 is paying off, thanks Stevo! The second mile SUCKED so much, my goal was to not stop and walk. I didn't! I ran the whole thing. It was super slow, but I did it. Overall I am so happy with this and I'm looking forward to doing it next year. It was also really cool to do this with my CFC athletes, it was the first "Murph" for a lot of them and the vibe in the gym was really encouraging and positive. 

Didn't get to do any shoulder stuff after Murph, I had to coach the 10:30 class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers