Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5/24/2015

Team Event 6
+
Team Event 7

24:36? or something around there
females finished in 13:36
+
complete


Eeeeeesh. The first event was rough. We were all tired today. GHDs were pretty quick, Brandie flew through hers. I got off the GHD machine and started walking over to the rings, and in my disoriented state I totally forgot I was supposed to run over there. I heard Alex yell, "RUN OVER THERE CHELSEA" oops. Sorry Brandie. Muscle ups felt pretty bad today. I don't know if it's because we were doing MUs on the rings from the rafters or if we were all just tired, but we were struggling. Last week I was doing sets of 3, this week it was sets of 2. I tried for a third muscle up a few times and failed it both times. I had no energy, it was pretty frustrating. I thought we did a good job of boosting each other up on the rings but our transitions still need to be faster. There were a few times where one of us would be standing under the rings but the other two would be bent over chalking their hands. We just need to make sure we're constantly helping each other. Hang cleans were faster than last week, we broke them up 7/5/3 until the end, and I did the last 10. Our time was 6 seconds slower than last week, and for the muscle ups fails we had and time we spent on the rings I thought that was actually pretty good. I really think it was the difference of using the rings from the rafters, now that we've done the workout on those rings it should be better at regionals. 

The second workout went pretty well, as a team we did much better than last week. Stephen told us to just row until the person holding the deadlift drops it instead of taking breaks after a specific number of calories. The deadlift hold just hurts my hands so much, it's not even the weight. The bar on my hands was pretty painful, my hands were feeling very raw. My strict HSPU were SO terrible today. Oh my. They were awful. I did the first set of 3 and thought "oh no" because I knew it was going downhill fast. I was down to doubles around 15 and then singles at 21. Last week I didn't have to go to singles until 26 or 27, and I was resting way more between sets this week. My arms had nothing, it was awful. I felt bad for Jessie, she was being really encouraging and probably wondering why it was taking me so long to do the strict HSPU. Sorry buddy. I just had nothing, it was really frustrating. I did the hold for Brandie and hers were really fast, which was nice because my shoulders were pretty dead at this point. As a team we did a lot better, for me personally I felt like I did much worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers