Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5/22/2015

AM (with Conner)
20 partner deadlifts, 410
20 synchro CTB pull ups
10 deadlifts
10 pull ups

PM
Team event 2 w/Jessie and Brandie

AM
5:38

PM
complete, can't remember our time


Well, the good news is Conner and I have really improved our deadlifts. They felt great today and were much more synchronized than last Friday. I think we have finally found a good rhythm. We also weren't resting nearly as long between each set. Our pull ups were definitely what slowed us down today. When we did this last week, I was jumping to the short bar. This time we were both using the tall bar and Conner had to help me up each time. I held us back on the pull ups, I don't think I warmed up my forearms enough because my grip was completely shot after 12 pull ups. By the end it was a struggle to do just three pull ups. I also think hanging there a few extra seconds while Conner jumped up to the bar had an effect on my grip as well. We also had an incident where Conner boosted me up to the bar and I just completely missed it, which wasted some time. I really don't think I'll have to jump to the bar at regionals, I was watching the other regions today and none of the females were having the male partner boost them up. I'm hoping the bar is a bit shorter than ours because that will save a lot of time and grip. 

The PM session was really fun, I thought we did really well on this. We kept the snatches in sets of 10, rope climbs were fast singles, thrusters were 8/7/5. The thrusters hurt a lot more than last week, probably because we did all the snatches and all the rope climbs today. I thought our transitions were good and we were pretty fast, especially on the rope climbs. I'm looking forward to this event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers