Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5/23/2015

Team event 3
+
Team event 4

16:30?
800m run done in 3:20
+
complete
145 snatch
HS walk 50/40/10


I think I went out a bit hot on the run, I felt pretty bad when I came back into the gym, but then again I'm going to feel bad after I run on the treadmill so really it doesn't matter. My wall balls weren't great today, I broke them up way too much. I think I broke them up 14/9/13/10/4. That's way too many sets. I was just smoked from the run. I also know a few of them were a bit too low on the target, so I need to make sure I'm very careful about that at regionals. I was getting pretty panicked during the wall balls, I thought Conner was going to come in before I was done. I was able to finish the wall balls, move the men's ball over, and jog to the door right as Conner ran up to the gym. 

Snatches felt really easy today, I had no misses while warming up. The actual event was a bit stressful since I had to put on my own weights, but it was also a good simulation of a possible scenario that could occur at regionals. It's good to be prepared for everything. I loaded my weight and was able to hit 145 on the first try. I was able to load the bar for Conner but didn't have time to put the clip on, and I know at regionals I probably wouldn't have been able to load that much for Conner since the weights are so far away from the bar. 

Handstand walk felt really hard today. I'm not sure if it was lack of shoulder warm up (probably) or the fact that I wearing my lifting shoes and knee sleeves, but I felt really slow today and my shoulders were extremely tight. I was able to make it the first 50 feet without breaking, I turned around and made it about 40 feet before I fell over. My arms felt like they were covered in cement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers