Sunday, August 14, 2016

8/12/2016

A. Back squat, 1-1-1-1 all tough, 20x1; 2:30 rest
B. Power clean from blocks (bar just above knees) build to a heavy single in 10:00 (clock starts when you load the bar above 125)
C. Squat snatch, 12x3 touch and go @95, begin a set every :40
D. Muscle up work, 10:00 practice/tech work- any variation, nothing fatiguing 
+
400m sandbag carry 

A. 225-245-255-265
B. 195
C. complete
D. complete-ish
+
complete 

Today was the first day all week I was actually wanted to be in the gym and wanted to train. Glad to be out of that funk. 

Back squats felt heaaaaaavy today but I'm pleased with my numbers. My goal was 265 and I'm happy I got it but it was slow. 225 was pretty easy but every rep after that was tough. I can't believe I back squatted twenty pounds more than that at one point. 

Power cleans were SO MUCH BETTER off the blocks than last time, 195 was easy but I ran out of time before I could go any heavier. 

Snatches got real shitty. These were kind of sloppy today, I could tell I wasn't bending my elbows enough.

I decided to skip the muscle up practice today. I had a nagging pain in my right bicep and it got worse after the snatches. I did one bar muscle up and that seemed to aggravate it even more so I just skipped this part and did some mobility instead. 

Good day in the gym, lots of solid work. Ready to get back to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers