Thursday, July 14, 2016

7/11/2016

A. Front squat, 2-2-1-1, 20x1; 2:30 rest
B. Toes to bar, 20x3 unbroken, begin a set every :20
+
10 rounds for time:
1 squat clean, 165
10 unbroken wall balls, 14 to 9'
+
Crossover Symmetry Recovery

A. 205-215-225-235
B. complete
+
7:55
+
complete


Solid day. I was hoping the stars would align and I would hit a front squat PR but alas, it wasn't there today. 225 was really easy but 235 was slow on the way up. This is ten pounds under my front squat PR so I guess it's not too bad. Hitting a 250 front squat seems pretty far off in the distance right now but the last time I tried to front squat 235 (the week after the Open) I failed it, so my strength is definitely improving. 

Toes to bar were easy. 

I pretty happy with my time on the squat clean piece, I really think I went as fast as I could. I wouldn't do anything differently. I'm not sure if this time is too slow but I thought my transitions were good all around. I went right into the wall balls after the squat clean and I tried to limit my rest before each squat clean attempt. I was definitely resting a little longer before each clean the more I became fatigued. I liked this workout, it was fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers