Tuesday, March 8, 2016

3/7/2016

AM
16.2 movement prep

PM
16.2 redo 

AM
complete

PM
258 (1 rep less than Friday)


Well. That was the worst. 

I went into my redo today with a lot of confidence. I had a new plan for the toes to bar and I was going to move faster through the cleans so I could have a shot at the 175 bar. I knew if I could get to the bar, I could clean it. 

WRONG. 

This started hurting almost immediately. Toes to bar were broken up 5/5/3/3/3/3 and then maybe singles after that? I tripped up twice on the first set of double unders. The cleans at 85 were okay but I think they were a bit slower than Friday. When I got back to the second set of toes to bar I was already done. My grip was completely shot, I got about ten reps in and my forearms were blown up. I felt like I could barely hang on to the bar. I tripped up AGAIN on the double unders and the 115 cleans felt like absolute garbage. These were so much harder than they were on Friday, it was shocking. Again, I wasn't sure if I was going to even make it through these cleans before time ran out. Somehow I did and I went back for another set of toes to bar. These were awful. My grip was so done at this point, I was doing singles but they were slow and I felt like I was going to slip off the bar. This was terrible. I did the 50 double unders unbroken (finally) but I failed my first clean at 145. This completely shook my confidence and I was mentally out of it at that point. I somehow managed to get five cleans before time ran out but they were all a struggle. Heather told me she had never seen me do so many ugly cleans before. 

Everything about this redo felt so much worse than it did on Friday. My grip was shot, I could barely stand up the cleans, and I kept tripping up on my double unders. I was so sure I was going to make it to the 175 bar, but even if I did there's no way I would have been able to clean it. Not today. 

This was me after my redo today:




This was so disappointing. I cried for a solid ten minutes after this was over (sorry Heather). I really wanted to make it to the next round, and I was trying. I could hear the urgency in Stephen and Heather's voices but I just couldn't do it. This is the second week in a row I've disappointed myself. 

I'm trying to stay positive. I know this is only the second week, and a lot of my bad movements are already out of the way. Handstand push ups and muscle ups have to be coming. I also have to remind myself the Open does not define me as an athlete or a person. I am putting a lot of pressure on myself since I did well last year and I feel like I am supposed to contribute every week. I don't have any control over the workouts so I just have to learn what I can from this Open and use it for my training over the next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers