Tuesday, March 8, 2016

3/4/2016

AM
16.2 movement prep

PM
16.2

AM
complete

PM
259


I wasn't sure how 16.2 was going to go for me. I'm not good at large sets of toes to bar and my core fatigues quickly on those but I'm very good at heavy squat cleans. I broke up the first set of toes to bar in sets of 5. I tripped up a few times on the double unders which was annoying. The cleans at 85 were no problem but I was definitely breathing hard by the time I got back to the bar. I started with a set of 5 and then it was down to twos and threes, and they were slow. I was resting a lot between sets. The cleans at 115 were surprisingly tough, at one point I actually wasn't sure if I was going to finish them in time. I was definitely resting too much here. When I got back to the bar for the next set of toes to bar I was so tired. I was doing singles and each one was at a snail's pace. I would do one single, take my hands off the bar, bend over, and wait for Heather to tell me to go. This was way too slow and way too much time wasted. When I got to the cleans at 145 I only had a little over a minute. I somehow managed to get six cleans before time ran out but they were shockingly hard. When I redo this I'm going to break up the toes to bar earlier and move faster on the cleans at 85 and 115. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers