Sunday, February 28, 2016

2/27/2016

A. Power clean clusters, 3x1.1.1.1.1; :10 between singles, 2:30 rest
+
Partner work TBD
+
10:00 mobility work of choice

A. 145-165-175
+
For time w/a partner:
120 row calories
30 wall walks
120 KB swings
240 double unders
800m run

18:03 w/Byrd 
+
complete


I forgot about the terrible "day after" feeling during the Open, I came in this morning tired and sore. Power cleans were okay but I was very indifferent about lifting today. 

Byrd and I partnered up for the class workout. I was planning on doing this at a nice, chill, 85% effort but Byrd had other plans. He wanted to beat Duprie and Brandie's time of 19:23 so we pushed pretty hard on the workout. We split up the row calories 20 each. At one point I was rowing 1200 cal/hr and Mark's exact words were "why are you rowing so slow?" Classic. Wall walks were singles traded back and forth, those were actually the worst part. My arms and shoulders were extremely fatigued. KB swings were split up 10 each, these were basically a break before the double unders. I started out with a set of 64 double unders and then we both traded large sets. Mark ran first and then I finished. That 400m run was painful, I was hauling ass because I could hear Mark yelling at me to go faster so we could beat Brandie and Duprie. We ended up beating them by over a minute, but god, at what cost? My legs were BLOWN UP afterwards, to the point where I was almost concerned. My calves were cramping and I had to sit on a bike for about ten minutes to cool down. I probably went a bit too hard on this. I can't help it during partner workouts, that shit is the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers