Sunday, February 28, 2016

2/26/2016

AM
30:00 airdyne 
+
16.1 movement prep

PM
16.1
AMRAP in 20:00
25ft overhead walking lunges (65)
8 bar-facing burpees
25ft overhead walking lunges
8 CTB pull ups

AM
complete

PM
200 reps (7 rounds + lunges + burpees + lunges)


The Open has officially started. 

16.1 is basically my nightmare of a workout. Burpees, lunges, AND it's 20 minutes long. I went into with no clue how I was going to perform. The first half went pretty well, I was moving steadily. I broke up the CTB pull ups 4/4 every round. Once I got about four rounds in I really started to slow down. I started resting a lot before I picked up the bar to do lunges, my burpees were agonizingly slow, and the biggest problem was all the rest during the pull ups. I would do a set of four and then stand there staring up at the bar for ten seconds. This was terrible. I couldn't wait for it to be over. When I do this again Monday I'm just going to try and stay moving. I need to cut the rest WAY down during the pull ups and I need to pick up the bar right away. Honestly I don't know if I can do the burpees or lunges any faster. I want to get into the eighth round on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers