Monday, September 7, 2015

9/7/2015

AM
6000m row @Z1

PM
A. 1 hang squat snatch + 1 squat snatch, build to a heavy set
B. Back squat barefoot, 4-4-3-3 all heavy, 20x1; 2:30 rest
+
Every 2:00 for 6 sets:
3 unbroken muscle ups + 6 alternating pistols + 27 double unders
+
3 rounds not for time:
6 moderate trap 3, 30x0
12 moderate reverse hypers

AM
Errrrr I did not do this. Completely forgot.

PM
A. 145 (Failed the HS at 155 twice and called it)
B. 175-185-195-205
+
complete
+
complete
10# for trap 3
45#/side for RH


Oh man, I totally forgot to do my AM session. Since I didn't coach any classes this morning, I was out of my routine and it completely slipped my mind. Oops. Sorry Stevo, I will make this up on Thursday. 

I did not really enjoy the snatch complex today, this was frustrating. It was awkward going from the hang snatch to the snatch from the floor, I felt like my set up from the floor was rushed every time and I was in a weird position. This was just frustrating all around. I was getting some tips from Austin about getting my chest up in my set up and I was failing to do it. I failed a snatch from the floor at 135 which never happens. I think I was starting to over-think everything instead of just focusing on one thing at a time. I hit 145 for the complex very easily. I went up to 155 but failed the hang snatch twice, I fell forward both times. I know I am going through one of those periods where my snatching isn't going well, and I hate it. 

Back squats felt great today, finally. 

I enjoyed the muscle up/pistol piece. Muscle ups were easy and pistols are coming along nicely, these were done in nanos with no knee sleeves SUCKAAAA! This is probably the first time in a workout I've been able to do that successfully. This is a huge relief. I still need to work on speeding them up, but overall I've made a lot of progress with these. Double unders were unbroken every set. I didn't really start breathing hard until the sixth set. 

Even though my snatching was terrible, today was the best I've felt since my competitions ended. This is a relief, I was starting to think there was something terribly wrong. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers