Monday, May 11, 2015

5/8/2015

AM
9 rounds @70-90% effort, I just want you to get in the volume:
5 unbroken deadlifts, 165
5 CTB pull ups
+
3 sets not for time:
10 glute-ham sit ups

PM
On a running 15:00 clock:
every :60 for 5:00- 10 power snatches, 55
every :60 for 5:00- 1 rope climb
every :60 for 5:00- 7 thrusters, 75
+
20:00 assault bike @Z1

AM
complete
+
complete

PM
complete
+
complete


Deadlifts were very easy during the AM session, CTB pull ups not so much. I was able to do them easily unbroken until about the 7th set, then I could feel my hands fixing to rip at any second. I tried switching to kipping but I had to drop off the bar and do 4/1, then 3/2, then 3/1/1. I knew if I did all 5 in a row I would have definitely ripped my hands. Glute ham sit ups weren't terrible but are still one of my least favorite movements.

I really enjoyed the PM session, it was fun doing this with Mark, Heather, and Austin. We practiced a few partner deadlifts before the EMOM. I worked with Mark and at first it was pretty awkward considering our height difference, but after a few reps we were able to figure it out. I jumped up to the bar to try and do some partner CTB pull ups but immediately dropped off, my hands were raw and hurt a lot. Those will have to wait until another day. 

The EMOM was really fun, I liked switching movements every 5:00. The snatches were easy and fast, very grid-like. The rope climbs were all fast as well, each rep was done in about 9 seconds. The thrusters weren't too bad, 7 was just enough reps to be able to drop the bar before it started getting shitty. I can tell this workout is going to hurt a lot when we actually run through it as a team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers