Monday, May 11, 2015

5/10/2015

AM
For time:
50 glute-ham sit ups
15 muscle ups to 90" rings
15 hang power cleans, 135

PM
For times (get after movement):
30 row calories
30 strict handstand push ups, palms within a 34x24 box & hips cannot touch the wall
30 toes to bar
50' axle overhead walking lunge, 105

AM
8:18

PM
14:26
accidentally did the axle lunges with 110, oops


Oh my. Today was painful. 

The muscle up workout was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Glute ham sit ups were done in 2:20, definitely too slow. I did 27 then basically did sets of 5-10 until I got to 50. I was pretty dizzy when I got the rings, I think I rested at least :30 before jumping up there. My head was still a little foggy during the first set of MUs, it was a weird feeling doing those right after the GHDs. The height of the rings was interesting, it definitely took more energy to jump up there and I had to make sure I kipped right away or else I would lose momentum. I broke up the muscle ups 4/4/3/2/2. I was definitely resting too long between sets but I wanted to make sure I could get at least two, since the rings were so high I didn't think I could do quick singles and I didn't want to keep jumping up there. Hang cleans were pretty easy, broken up 7/4/4 with short rest between sets. 

The second piece was pretty terrible. I kept the row around 1000 cal but Stephen said we're going to row slower than that from now on, so that's good. The strict handstand push ups took FOREVER. This was the worst they have been in quite awhile. I started with 5, then 4, then went down to 3s, 2s, then the last 6 reps were singles. I probably should have started with smaller sets. I was resting a really long time between sets and by the end every rep was a struggle. I hope this was just an off day for these. The toes to bar actually went pretty quickly. The axle lunge was the worst! That was really hard. I failed the clean the first time. I cleaned it easily the second time but the lunges were really difficult, my shoulders and core were shot so it was really hard to stabilize the bar overhead. I also wasn't wearing a belt or knee sleeves, I'm going to wear those from now on. I dropped the bar about halfway through. I was really shaky and my feet were all over the place. I was pretty bummed about how long it took me to do this workout, especially the strict HSPU. I'm hoping with practice all these movements will get better. It also didn't help that I had accidentally loaded the bar to 110 instead of 105, OOPS.

I need to get my mind right over these few weeks of training. I feel like everything that comes out of my mouth recently is a complaint about something, whether it's the height of the rings or the GHD sit ups or the fact that we have to snatch with a men's bar. I just need to accept the fact that these are the standards, and the only thing I can do is practice them so they become easy. If Stephen had given me these workouts in my regular day-to-day programming and told me to jump to 90" rings, I would have thought it was a little odd but I still would have done it without complaint, so I'm not sure why all of a sudden I'm whining about the regionals standards. It makes me look like I'm not thankful to be going to regionals, and I am very thankful. I know I'm lucky to even have a spot on the team. So from now on, no more complaining. I'm just going to do the work and have fun with my team, because no one wants to be on a team with a turd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers