Tuesday, March 24, 2015

3/23/2015 (15.4- Third attempt)

AM
30:00 airdyne @Z1

PM
A. 1 power clean + 1 front squat, build quickly to a single @165
+
15.4 re-do re-do
+
2 sets for even times:
25 row cals
20 box jumps, 20
15 burpees
10 alternating pistols
5 thrusters, 85
5:00 walk rest

AM
complete

PM
A. complete
+
DNF, Stephen put me out of my misery with one minute left
+
3:55
3:44
I forgot to do the box jumps. I am just realizing this now. Add it to the list of fails for the day.


Today was the literal worst. When Stephen asked me if I thought I had a few more reps in me for 15.4 for a third attempt, I wasn't sure. I honestly thought my attempt on Saturday was close to a max effort, but I was willing to try a third time to possibly get a few more HSPUs at the end. It did not happen. Here is how I felt on Saturday during 15.4:




This is how I felt on Monday during 15.4:

The third attempt was just so awful. Everything felt terrible. While I was warming up I thought I would be fine. My arms were sore but they were also really sore on Saturday as well and I ended up doing just fine. It was when I started the second set of 6 power cleans I knew I was done. I hesitated a bit too long before one of the cleans and I knew I wasn't going to beat my score from Saturday. I was too tired. I went to doubles on the HSPU pretty early but I was resting for a really long time between sets and every set was really hard. I wasn't pushing the rest at all, I would stand there until Stephen told me to go. My arms had nothing left on the handstand push ups. The whole thing was just terrible. Stephen stopped me with a minute left (I think). There was just no way I was going to beat my score from Saturday. It was a pretty demoralizing feeling, I don't think I've ever had to stop during a workout like that, but I was also relieved. I would have liked to get a few more reps but now I know Saturday was a max effort. 

The two sets for even times were pretty slow, I was just really drained at this point. I tried to stay pretty steady on the burpees but my pistols slowed me down, I kept losing my balance on the first set. Also, I completely forgot the box jumps. I just forgot to do them. I was so out of it after 15.4. Sorry Stephen, I failed multiple times today. Thrusters were pretty easy, I wouldn't mind seeing heavy thrusters in the last workout. 

I think I might need to start taking some sort of supplement before/after my workouts. For the past few weeks, I've felt completely drained and exhausted immediately after I'm done training. My eyes get really heavy and I feel out of it. I'm not really sure why, my diet/sleep has been the same. I'm not sure if it's being tired from the open or something else, but I've had no energy after my training sessions lately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers