Wednesday, August 3, 2016

8/2/2016

AM
20:00 assault bike very easy
+
20:00  mobility work of choice

PM
3 rounds not for time:
:60 handstand hold work
5 dragon flags
+
A. Gemini complex- build quickly to a moderate/tough set- not a max
+
AMRAP in 12:00 w/Emily
100 double unders
80 kettlebell swings, 53
60 thrusters, 75
40 toes to bar
20 handstand push ups
max bar-facing burpees in remaining time
+
Crossover Symmetry recovery

AM
complete
+
complete

PM
complete
+
A. 185
+
51 burpees
+
DNS, forgot but did some Balza shoulder stuff at home 


Gemini complex was easy, I should be able to hit more than this on Saturday. 

I thought Emily and I did really well on the AMRAP. Double unders were 50/50, KB swings were 20/20/20/20, thrusters were sets of ten, toes to bar were 10/10/5/5/5/5, handstand push ups were 12/2/6 and then we started chipping away at the burpees. I really don't think we could have broken this up any differently. Thrusters were definitely the toughest movement for me, I was pretty fatigued by the third set. I was planning on doing two sets of ten toes to bar but I had to switch to sets of five at the end because my shoulders were tired. The same thing happened on the handstand push ups, I was planning on doing nineteen in a row but once I started doing them I realized that wasn't going to happen. I came off the wall after twelve reps, Emily did two, then I finished them. I should be able to knock out a bigger set during the competition, hopefully. We moved pretty well on the burpees, I think trading fours was a good idea. 

I'm excited for the competition, we should do very well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers