Monday, August 1, 2016

7/30/2016

10:00 triple under and free-standing handstand push up practice- alternate between the 2, nothing fatiguing 
+
A. Power clean from blocks (bar @mid-thigh), build to a heavy single in 10:00 (clock starts when you load the bar above 125)
+
For time:
3 strict muscle ups
6 muscle ups
9 bar muscle ups
+
Partner work, TBD
+
Bis, tris, and abs of choice

complete
+
A. 175
+
1:56 without the strict MUs
+
For time:
400m run
2 rounds of [12 toes to bar + 12 push ups + 24 air squats]
400m run
2 rounds of [12 toes to bar + 12 push ups + 24 air squats]
400m run
(15:10)
+
complete


TODAY WAS THE WORST.

Seriously, this was probably the worst training session I've had in a long time. I came into the gym exhausted and sore. I knew as soon as I started doing my freestanding handstand push ups it was going to be a bad day. My shoulders were so fatigued I couldn't string together more than two handstand push ups. I felt like I could barely control the negative into the next handstand. I skipped the triple unders today because my right knee was feeling a little weird. 

Power cleans from the blocks were also pretty terrible, 175 is usually light for me but today it was just really heavy. It was awkward cleaning from the blocks because I haven't done it in awhile and I was having trouble being explosive and dropping under the bar. I caught 175 really far forward and just called it there. 

Next came the strict muscle ups and these were a shit show. Five attempts, five fails. I just had nothing in my shoulders and couldn't pull. At this point I was pretty pissed and just wanted to be done. I decided to just skip the strict muscle ups because I clearly wasn't going to get any. I did all six regular muscle ups unbroken and bar muscle ups were broken up 3/3/3.  

The workout was pretty slow, my running wasn't great today. Toes to bar were broken up 7/5 each round. I tried to stay steady on the push ups but those get tough for me after awhile. 

I left this training session feeling very discouraged and mad. This was basically me the entire time:


Not a good day at all. Hopefully Monday will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers