Monday, July 11, 2016

7/9/2016

A. Power clean & split jerk, build quickly to a tough single for the day
+
AMRAP in 5:00
Strict handstand push ups
+
Partner work TBD
+
Bis, tris, and abs of choice

A.185
+
50
+
LONE WOLF
3 rounds for time @90%
400m run
25 kettlebell swings, 35
100m sandbag carry
25 burpees
(22:41)
+
complete


As I was warming up for the clean and jerk I noticed I had a weird pain in my right hand every time I bent my wrist back or put the bar overhead. It was more of an annoyance than a problem so I decided to lift anyways. I stopped after 185, it was getting really uncomfortable every time I would catch the bar overhead. I must have landed weird during a bar muscle up yesterday because the pain is in my hand and wrist. I bet I just caught it funny when I turned over for a bar muscle up. I decided to just call it for the day, I know I can do more than that but it was starting to really bother me. 

I thought my hand might bother me during the handstand push ups but I was able to sort of point my hand out at an angle and it didn't hurt. Strict HSPU felt slow today, I did a set of ten and then smaller sets after that with a lot of rest in between. Meh. Not the best. 

I was actually pretty proud of myself when I came up with the individual version of the partner workout. This was basically a summary of everything I need to be working on. Running, breathing through long workouts, and burpees. I tried to just stay very steady on everything. I considered putting rest between the three rounds but I figured I would get more out of it if I just worked the entire twenty minutes (SINCE LITERALLY EVERY WORKOUT IN THE OPEN WAS A BILLION MINUTES LONG. LOOKING AT YOU, CASTRO). The running actually felt pretty good, no knee pain! I tried to stay as steady as possible on the burpees but they definitely slowed down in the third round. I was actually on pace to finish in twenty minutes but during the third round my sandbag split open as I was picking it up. I wasted time trying to find another one (the one I picked end up being heavier) and when I hit the 50m mark outside my OTHER sandbag split open! Not the best luck. So I ended up tacking on a few minutes to my time due to technical difficulties. Overall, I was pleased with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers