Tuesday, July 5, 2016

7/2/2016

A. 3 touch and go power cleans + 3 shoulder to overhead, build to a tough set
B. Muscle ups, 3x max (-1), 2:00 rest
+
Partner work TBD
+
Bis, tris, and abs of choice

A. 165
B. 5-5-5
+
AMRAP in 20:00 with a partner, one person working at a time:
1000m row
50 wall balls
200m farmers walk, heavy!
50 wall balls
(2 rounds + 530m w/Andrew)
+
DNS


I think Saturdays are my LEAST favorite training day. I enjoy the programming, I just don't like training in the morning. Also, it's depressing when I get there and everyone leaves. I just don't have a lot of motivation on Saturdays. Meh. Just some random thoughts. 

Barbell complex was okay, I knew I had to get at least 150 on this because I basically did the bear complex at this weight. I did one set at 155 and it was really easy so I went for 165. It was tough and I should have worn my lifters, my foot kept slipping on the platform with each split jerk. 

Muscle ups were weird today. The first three would always feel really easy but then for some reason I started catching really low. I filmed myself on the last set and it looks like my kip is very restricted, I'm barely moving my shoulders at all. I definitely need to work on this. 


Kip on the first muscle up vs kip on the fifth muscle up

The partner workout was probably the hardest one I've done in awhile. This one was rough. Andrew and I split up the row 500m each and I was trying to keep the row around 1:56. We did the wall balls in sets of 10 and split up the farmers carry 50/50/50/50. I thought the farmers carry was the worst part, it was just hard to breathe. Props to Andrew for finishing out the last minute on the row, that looked awful. He was a very good partner and he's a nice dude. Also, thanks Stevo for cheering us on/pushing us on this. 

Didn't have time to do bis and tris, had to get to a massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers