Tuesday, July 19, 2016

7/15/2016

AM
30:00 bike @Z1, off every 5:00 for 5-6 moderate barbell upright rows, 31x1

PM
A. Squat snatch, 12x2 touch and go @95, begin a set every :60
B. Back squat, 5-5-5 building so only last set is challenging, 20x1; 2:30 rest
C. Strict muscle ups, 5:00 practice- limit to just a few reps
+
10:00 @high effort:
3 power clean to overhead- you pick the weight
9 bar-facing burpees
200m run
+
For time steady:
50 glute-ham sit ups
400m sandbag carry, switch sides as needed but goal is no drops

AM
complete w/95#

PM
A. complete
B. 185-205-225
C. DNS (wanted to sync up with Alex and Joe for the workout, then forgot to come back to this)
+
4 rounds w/145#
+
9:18
+
10:00 kettlebell L-sit practice w/Addison


Fun day! Fridays are the best. 

Snatches were easy but some sets were sloppy, I didn't feel as crisp as last week. 

Back squats went really well today!

I skipped the strict muscle up practice because Joe and Alex were getting ready to do the workout and I wanted to jump in with them. I was going to come back to this later but forgot. Oops! 

I enjoyed this workout, I always like when there's a heavy barbell involved. I thought I moved pretty well on this but started resting too much between the run and clean and jerks. I was keeping up with Alex until the third round, then he got ahead of me. He would come in from the run and go right to the barbell, meanwhile I would chalk up and stand there for a second. I definitely need to get better about trying to push the rest a little bit when I'm lifting during a workout. 145 is not heavy enough for me to fail and I should have pushed it more. It was really fun working out with Joe and Alex! I wouldn't mind being synced up with these guys every now and then. 

GHD sit ups were the same as always...slow. I completed them in 2:30, same as last week. I honestly have no idea how I did this in under two minutes during regionals practice. I had a relatively slow pace on the sandbag carry. I accidentally dropped it once, I was trying to switch shoulders and all the sand dumped to one end and I dropped it. I enjoyed the sandbag carry, it was different. I'll take that over a farmers walk any day. 

Did some extra stuff with Addison at the end, she was showing me how to roll into an L-sit on the kettlebells. It was actually pretty hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers