Tuesday, June 14, 2016

6/11/2016

A. Power clean to overhead, build to a touch and go 7RM
B. Handstand walk, 250' for time
+
Partner work TBD
+
Bis, tris, and abs of choice

A. 125
B. 4:41
+
SOLO SESH
4 rounds for time:
15 hand-release push ups
50m DB farmers walk
15 sit ups
15 row calories
(14:12 w/50# DB)
+
subbed mobility 


I really had no idea where I would end up on the 7 rep power clean to overhead. I figured since I did almost hit the 7 rep bear complex at 125 last month I could at least do that. I started with 115 and almost stopped after that but then I decided to stop being a little b-hole and went for 125. I think if I did this again I could go heavier. Finding a max for that many reps is always tough. 

The handstand walk SUCKED. It was really weird because I didn't break it up as much as I did last time but I was walking slower than normal. I'm not sure if I was just trying to conserve energy or what but I was going a lot slower than usual and when I did take a break it took me a long time to make myself kick back up. This was almost thirty seconds slower than when I did it the last time. I definitely need to get this under four minutes. I was basically just moving in slow motion the entire time. 

I have a feeling I'll be doing most of the class partner workouts on my own unless someone wanders in around 11:30. I kind of like creating my own version of whatever the class is doing. I enjoyed today's workout, the dumbbell walk got really tough, my grip was blown up by the end. I tried to keep transitions short and I thought I moved well on this. 

Forearms were already blown up from the workout so I subbed a lot of knee/shoulder mobility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers