Thursday, March 10, 2016

3/9/2016

AM
30:00 airdyne @Z1
+
15:00 mobility 

PM
A. Overhead squat, build quickly to a moderate triple from the ground
+
3:00 @90%
3 muscle ups
6 assault bike calories
+
5:00 rest
+
For time @90%
30 row calories
30 box jumps w/step down, 20
30 wall balls, 14 to 9

AM
complete

PM
A. 155
+
3 rounds
+
4:31


Really happy with the overhead squat triple from the ground (video). I told Stephen I remember practicing this for regionals three years ago and I could barely squeak out 115 for three reps (and I had to clean it). This is a nice improvement. I also tried a new setup for my snatch and it worked really well, I'm going to keep practicing it. I tried to make relatively big jumps, I went 105-125-145-155 and had no misses. Very good day of lifting. 

Muscle ups felt good today, three unbroken every set. I had about 10 seconds after I finished the third round of assault bike calories so I wasn't able to get another muscle up.

The second piece went about how I expected, I started out rowing 1200 cal/hr but ended up around 1030. Meh. I should have held that first pace the whole time. The box jumps were reaaaaal slow. My legs were really tired. Also, I hate box jumps. I'm much more efficient when I can step up. Wall balls were unbroken so that was cool. 

Overall a solid day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers