Sunday, March 13, 2016

3/11/2016

AM
16.3 movement prep

PM
16.3

AM
complete

PM
88 reps (3 bar MUs short of 7 rounds)


FINALLY. My week is here. 

I was really excited when 16.3 was announced because I love bar muscle ups and snatches. I knew this one was going to be all grip.

I definitely started out a bit too slow on the snatches. I did 10 unbroken for the first two sets I think? and then I switched to 5/5. Bar muscle ups were unbroken for the first two or three sets and then I switched to 2/1. My grip was really fatigued and I was worried about failing the third bar muscle up. This was definitely all grip, I was breathing hard but it was nothing compared to the past two weeks. I did the last set of snatches 10 touch and go but only had about ten seconds to get one more bar muscle up and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it. When I redo on Monday, I'm going to open my hands at the top of each snatch to try and save my grip. I'm also going to try and do my bar muscle ups unbroken as long as I can and definitely push the rest on those. I really want to get close to 100 reps. This is probably one of my top 3 favorite Open workouts of all time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers