Sunday, February 7, 2016

2/6/2016

A. 1&1/4 front squats, 5-5-5; 2:30 rest
B. Thruster, build quickly to a tough but fast single out of the rack
+
6:00 @90% of [3 toes to bar + 3 thrusters @65 + 6 toes to bar + 6 thrusters @65 and so on...]
3:00 rest
6:00 @90% of [18 box step up/step downs @20 + 12 assault bike calories]
+
3 rounds not for time:
5-10 unweighted glute-ham raises
10 glute-ham sit ups

A. 145-165-175
B. 165
+
complete
+
complete
+
complete


Today was awesome! Addi came in and trained with me. I forgot how much I missed working out with people. I enjoy doing my own programming but I like training with someone else every now and then. It was really cool having her hop in on my training. 

Front squats were feeling good today, I think 175 is pretty solid for five? The one and a quarter squats always get a bit rough on the last two reps. 

I wish I could take thrusters from the rack all the time! This was neat. Addi and I both worked up to 165 which is 5 pounds under my PR and I'm pretty sure it was a thruster PR for Addi. 

The toes to bar/thruster piece actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Thrusters felt better today than they have in a long time, my shoulders were holding up nicely today. My core totally gave out on the toes to bar. Merrrrr. 

The step up/assault bike piece was terrible. Addi definitely pushed me on this one, she would hop off the bike and go right to the box so I tried to do that as well. The assault calories got nasty by the third round. 

Overall this was a really good day. I think Addi and I are going to start training together on Saturdays. We make a good team, I push her on the strength work and she pushes me on the aerobic pieces. It's nice to have a training buddy every now and then. 

Buds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers