Sunday, February 21, 2016

2/20/2016

10:00 to establish both a moderate/tough snatch and clean & jerk
+
partner work TBD, will include wall walks, swings, row & double unders
+
For time @97%
35 assault bike calories

135 snatch
185 clean and jerk
+
complete w/my buddy Gruber
+
2:05


Very underwhelming lifting session today, I really underestimated myself on the snatch. I didn't think I would really be able to work up to anything super heavy in five minutes (I wanted have equal time for both lifts) so I went 105-125-135 and then it was time to switch to clean and jerk. 135 was SUPER easy and I should have jumped to 145 after 125. Clean and jerk was weird, I went 135-165-185 but I actually failed the first jerk at 185. What? Yes. I didn't punch underneath low enough and I was basically trying to press it up. This was super frustrating. I tried again and hit the jerk but it was very wobbly, my core was super unstable and I took a few steps forward with it. This is very unlike me and I'm not sure what the deal is, especially at this weight. I shouldn't be failing jerks at 185. Not cool. 

I really enjoyed doing the class, can I possibly do this more often? It was awesome. I partnered up with my buddy Gruber, he did a great job. The first 8:00 AMRAP was 4 wall walks and 16 KB swings. I did my swings @53 pounds. We alternated wall walks on the first few rounds and then I started doing 2-3 in a row once Gruber got fatigued. We traded 8 reps each on the swings. I felt really aerobic during this workout and it was actually kind of a confidence boost. At one point when I was doing my KB swings, Austin said I looked really fit and aerobic. I felt good. The second workout was an 8:00 AMRAP of 1600m row between the two of us and then max double unders. We traded 400m each on the row and I started on the double unders. I did a set of 85, then 35, then 25 before time was up. This was really fun! It was a nice change. 

The assault bike was just the worst. My goal was to be around 2:00 so I'm pretty pleased with my time but I think I paced it wrong. I went out pretty hot and started to fade around 21 cals. I picked it back up around 25 and just hung on for the last ten calories. This was awful. Is it possible to feel pain in your teeth while doing the assault bike? Because that's what was happening. This was rough and  it took me awhile to recover. I think if I did this a second time and had a better plan going in, I could get it under 2:00. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers