Wednesday, February 17, 2016

2/15/2016

AM
5000m row @Z1, off every 1000m to walk around for a minute

PM
A. Bear crawl, 5x10' forward + 10' backward, very slow and deliberate w/10 pound bumper plate on hips; :60 rest
B. Power clean & push jerk touch and go on ground and shoulders, 3-3-3-3-3 moderate; :60 rest
+
AMRAP in 5:00
750m row
max burpee muscle ups in remaining time
+
2 rounds not for time:
10-15 light/moderate reverse hypers
:30/side plank
5 hollow to superman rolls (1=hollow to superman back to hollow)

AM
complete

PM
A. complete
B. 105-115-125-135-145
+
4 burpee muscle ups + 1 mental breakdown 
+
complete
45#/side for RH


Well, I mean......

Training started off really well. I crushed the TNG power clean and push jerks, there were awesome and so easy. 145 was no problem for a quick set of three. I would like to see how heavy I could go with this. 

The row/burpee muscle up workout was basically a disaster. I did well on the row, I finished in exactly 3 minutes and had two minutes for burpee muscle ups. That's plenty of time. Isn't it? You would think. I chalked up my hands and did my first burpee muscle up. It felt impossible. My arms were so fatigued and I could barely press out of the dip. This triggered a weird emotional freak out that basically consumed me for the rest of the two minutes. I was like WHY WAS THAT MUSCLE UP SO HARD? and then I started worrying about ripping my shoulder out while doing a muscle up, and what if I have to get shoulder surgery? I did another BMU and it was pretty easy but it was also too late at this point, I had wasted so much time I just gave up. I only got four total in two minutes. That's embarrassing and obviously not how I would normally perform on a workout like this. I talked to Stephen afterwards and he basically told me I can't obsess about getting injured. It's tough not to worry about this from time to time, especially when you have seen your coach and your best friend undergo surgery due to injuries. And I know Stephen's was pretty rare. And I also know this is basically all in my head. I just need to keep up with my stability/mobility work and stop freaking out about it. Sorry Stephen. If I have to cover myself in tape during the Open to stop myself from worry about it, that's what I'll do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers