Tuesday, December 8, 2015

12/7/2015

AM
30:00 airdyne @Z1, off every 5:00 for :20-:30 tripod headstand hold

PM
A. Bear crawl, 5x10' forward + 10' backward, very slow and deliberate w/10 pound bumper plate on hips; :60 rest
B. Hang power cleans, build to a tough double in 10:00
C. Split jerk, 6x1 starting @105 and adding 10 to end @155; begin a rep every :60
+
3 rounds not for time:
6-8 moderate bent over DB reverse flies
7-10 moderate reverse hypers

AM
complete

PM
A. complete
B. 195
C. complete
+
complete
8# for DBRF
80#/side for RH


Good day! I'm already feeling much better and more recovered than last week. 

Hang power cleans were decent, although I would have liked to hit 200. 195 was not pretty, I caught both reps really low on my chest with my elbows down. I'm not trying to make excuses buttttttttt the bar I was using had hardly any spin which made it very difficult for me to whip my elbows around, especially on the second rep. The weight didn't feel heavy, it was just awkward because the bar was sort of delayed because the spin wasn't very fast. This definitely sounds like an excuse but I'm cool with it. 

Split jerks were easy and crisp, these are getting more comfortable overhead. 

I had a really enjoyable evening coaching classes tonight, each class was a great group of people, everyone was paying attention and working really hard. We laughed a lot. Good times were had by all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers