Saturday, November 21, 2015

11/20/2015

AM
3 rounds easy of:
3:00 airdyne
3:00 row
30m moderate/tough offset carry (1-arm DB/KB overhead carry + 1-arm DB/KB farmers walk) switch @20m
3:00 mobility work of choice

PM
A. Snatch, 10:00 technique/speed work, your choice of variation- load according to feel today, moderate/tough is okay if the shoulders say so...
B. Jerk Balance, 5:00-8:00 light tech work
C. 1 clean pull + 5 clean-grip deadlifts (drop from top of clean pull and then reset for the deadlifts) 5x1 @235, 2:00 rest
+
5 sets @high effort
4 wall walks
12 ski erg calories
:60 rest
300m run
:60 rest


AM
complete

PM
A. complete up to 135 from the hang
B. complete up to 125
C. complete
+
complete


Today was not good at all. I came into the gym feeling so heavy and gross. I weighed myself and I'm at 149, which is the heaviest I've been since the Open. I'm frustrated with myself because I've been too lazy about my food intake/measuring the past few weeks and I can definitely feel it. I don't like feeling uncomfortable in my clothes and I could feel the extra weight while I was running today. Officially dialing my diet all the way in. 

Snatches did not go well at all, this only added to my bad mood. I decided to squat snatch from the hang today because I need to work on my speed under the bar since the first pull isn't the issue. The weight continued to feel like shit overhead and I was slow under the bar every time (video). I failed 135 twice before I finally made it on the third try. This is the worst. Austin had to talk me off the ledge a little bit because I was really frustrated. I just have to trust that these will get better. 

Clean pulls/deadlifts were easy, 235 is getting higher each week, although I definitely rounded my back on one of the sets. Deadlifts were easily unbroken. 

My breathing was really good on the aerobic piece but I was way too distracted with how heavy I felt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers