Saturday, October 3, 2015

10/3/2015

A. Squat clean clusters, 4x1.1.1 moderate/tough, :10 between singles, 2:30 rest
B. 1&1/4 front squats, 2-2-2-2-2 w/:03 initial descent, 2:30 rest
C. Weighted glute-ham raises, 3x4-8, 20x1; :90 rest
+
Not for time:
800m sled drag, moderate

A. 165-175-185-190
B. 155-165-175-185-195
C. complete w/ 10#
+
DNF


I knew going in that today's training was going to be rough, and I was correct. I was running on very little sleep and wasn't fueled with the proper nutrition so I knew I just had to get through it. 

Squat cleans were terrible, for some reason my set up has become completely different. I wasn't confident going into any of the sets and I have no idea why. I was rushing the pull, I was hitting the bar way too low on my thigh and trying to pull myself under too soon. Everything felt really heavy and the set at 190 was a struggle, I wasn't confident on any of these reps. This was sad. 

Front squats were okay, 195 was really tough. 

Weighted glute ham raises were fine. 

I skipped the sled drag, I'm sorry Stephen. I felt like garbage and needed to go home and sleep. Between spending five hours in the car yesterday, being up really late last night, not eating properly and spending three hours in the car today, I felt pretty bad. 

I'm at a frustrating point in my training. My schedule has been all over the place for the past week and my nutrition has been very off. I felt like I was doing really well with training and nutrition, and then I had to stop doing stuff overhead and all this other stuff started coming up in my schedule this week and my motivation has totally plummeted. My food hasn't been great. I just need to hit reset and get my shit together because I don't want to lose all the progress I've made over the past month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers