Tuesday, October 27, 2015

10/26/2015

AM
30:00 airdyne @Z1

PM
A. Bear crawl, 5x10' forward + 10' backward, very slow and deliberate w/flat back; :90 rest
B. Hang power clean, 2-2-2-2-2, begin a set every :90
+
3 sets for even times (start fast and then try to maintain for the remainder of the sets- ok to risk coming out too hot here):
500m row
15 burpees
2:30 walk rest
+
3 rounds not for time:
20 band pull aparrts
8-12 heavy reverse hypers

AM
complete

PM
A. complete
B. 145-165-175-185-195(PR)
+
2:50 (row 1:58.9)
3:00 (row 1:58.7)
3:00 (row 1:58.5)
+
complete
red band
90#/side for RH


Solid day! I felt really good today. I started adding more carbs on Sunday and I can already feel a difference, I had a lot more energy during training. 

I was really happy with the 2RM hang power clean PR (video). It was actually very easy. I think I need to work on using my legs more for the first rep, the second rep is always super easy but I never really know what to do on the first rep. Like, I sort of just bounce it right off my thighs instead of bending my knees and lowering it like I would on a hang snatch. Still working out the kinks on this. I went for 200 and got the first rep but the bar slipped out of my hands on the second rep! I've never had that happen before, I went to return the bar to my thighs and it just slipped right out of my hands. I was very annoyed. I rested and then went for 200 again, I got the first rep but didn't have the energy to even attempt a second rep. Merrrr. Oh well. 195 is fine for now. 

I thought the row/burpee piece went really well, this is the best I've felt aerobically in a long time. I tried to push the row as much as I could, I ended up with a 1:58 on the first set so I stuck with that for then next two. Burpees were probably slower than they should have been, and by the third set I definitely took too long between the row and the first burpee. I was breathing hard but I wasn't panicked, I just felt like I couldn't move any faster. I'm guessing my times should have been closer to 2:30 since that's how long the rest was? Felt a bit nauseous after this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers