Tuesday, July 14, 2015

7/13/2015

AM
6000m row @Z1

PM
A. Squat snatch, build to a max for the day, then drop to 85% of that and accumulate 5 more singles, rest as needed
B. Back squat barefoot, 3x4-6, 42x1; 2:30 rest
+
For 18:00
1st: :10/side bottom of pistol hold in nanos, foot flat on ground, use support as needed
2nd: 2-4 unbroken muscle ups
3rd: 30-50 double unders
+
3 rounds not for time:
8/side powell raises, 30x0
5-8 reverse hypers

AM
5000m complete, ran out of time before I had to coach class

PM
A. 145 (155 F), 5 singles complete @125
B. 125-135-145
+
complete
MUs 4/4/4/3/3/4
50 double unders unbroken each set
+
complete
12# for PR
55#/side for RH


I was only able to complete 5000m for my AM session, I got started later than usual and ran out of time before the 7:00 AM class started.

Snatches felt like complete shit today, I was all over the place. I decided to snatch with a men's bar and it went pretty poorly. I wasn't being aggressive at all on my turnover and I failed 125. At that point I switched to a women's bar and hit 125 easily. I jumped up to 145, failed that once, tried again right away and snatched it with no problem. 155 was a fail way out in front so I called it there. This was really frustrating. I felt like everything was totally off, my set up seemed different each time and nothing was clicking today. The worst. 

I dropped to 125 for the reps at 85%, these were pretty easy. Overall I would say today was the worst my snatching has been in the past few weeks. 

Barefoot back squats are extremely difficult, but also cool. I enjoyed these even though they were pretty uncomfortable. Apparently I wasn't pausing long enough in the bottom, sorry Stevo. These will be better next week. 

The EMOM was better than last week. I held on to the rig for support during the pistols. Muscle ups were good today. Double unders unbroken each time. 

Not my worst training day but not one of the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers