Friday, April 3, 2015

4/3/2015

10:00 gymnastics skill work of choice, keep everything easy
+
2000m row @Z1
+
800m sled drag easy outside OR 15:00 airdyne @Z1

complete
+
complete
+
complete with 60# on sled


It was so nice to get back to gymnastics skill work, and it was fun working with Brandie! I rotated between ring muscle ups, bar muscle ups, and legless rope climbs. Muscle ups felt great today, easily hit 3 every time. I practiced on the fat rings AND the skinny rings because I want to be prepared for everything when I go to the combine. The skinny rings actually weren't bad at all, I don't know why my muscle ups were so terrible when I had to use the skinny rings at Boston Pro Day. 

Legless rope climbs are getting better. I did the first one using a kip but it's just too slow. Stephen told me to try using the "bicycle kick" because it's much faster and more efficient. I did three rope climbs with the bicycle kick and it's so much better! It really doesn't fatigue my arms any more than using the kip and it's twice as fast. Neat! Now I just have to work on touching the top of the rope before I use my feet.....

I used 60# on the sled drag so I could keep it moving the whole time. 

Excellent day, looking forward to Grid practice tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers