Thursday, April 30, 2015

4/28/2015

A. Squat clean and jerk gauntlet, 1 rep every :60 starting @125 and adding 10 every :60
+
For 10:00
Evens- 1 legless rope climb to 12'
Odds- 10 wall balls, 14 to 10
+
For 10:00
Evens- 3-5 strict handstand push ups
Odds- 3 power clean to overhead, start @105 and add a bit from there
+
For 10:00
Evens- 3 toes to bar + 2 CTB pull ups + 1 bar muscle up
Odds- 50 double unders

A. 195 (cleaned 205, failed the jerk)
+
complete
+
complete
5 HSPUs each set
PCTO- 105-115-125-135-145
+
complete


TODAY WAS REALLY FUN GUYS.

I felt great today and everything was really enjoyable!

The clean gauntlet went well, although I wasn't punching under my jerks at all. Every set I would think "okay I'm going to drop under the jerk this time" and then I just wouldn't for some reason. I was extremely surprised I cleaned 205 and it felt EASY. I was shocked at how easy it was to stand up. The jerk was a different story, it barely even came off my shoulders. Merrrrr. I waited a minute then tried again but the clean was basically just a pull the second time. Oh well. I was happy about the 205 clean but I wish the jerks would have been better. 

Legless rope climbs were fast and easy today, I really enjoy those. I wasn't sure where 12 feet was so I basically just went to the top without reaching up and touching the beam. Wall balls were easy as well. 

My strict handstand push ups have gotten so much better, I was able to do 5 each set. I was talking to Stephen about it afterwards and he said if I've lost weight (which I have since the Open ended) then it's not surprising my strict HSPU have improved. Neat! 

TTB/CTB/Bar MU complex was fine as per usual. I kept tripping up on the double unders though, that was annoying. I think I tripped in the first and second set. 

Overall a great day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers